Monday, December 4, 2006

Chick Flicks

I'm sort of a sucker for chick flicks. Although, I'd prefer some action and romance, to get the best of both worlds, comedy, drama, and romance are all cool, too. I'd like to say my motives for watching these movies are purely for what it does to her. But, as there's no her here, I can't really use that as a cover, can I?

I prefer movies that walk the line between chick flick and guy flick (The Princess Bride, Silverado, Last of the Mohicans, Tristan & Isolde, etc.). But, sometimes, at the rental store, a true chick movie catches my eye. Truthfully, it's usually a girl on the cover that catches my eye, but it's enough to get me to pick it up, read the back, and give it a shot. Someone bright figured out how to get guys to watch movies. Use pretty girls to advertise them. Genius.

Last night, I watched The Family Stone, which had not one, but two beauties in it (maybe more, depending on your type). Rachel MacAdams and Claire Danes. Very nice.

I think they call this an ensemble cast. That means lots of people with no clear cut leads, right? I like these movies. It's a home for the holidays movie. I like those. It's a nostalgia movie. More good. A movie about a big family. Like those, too. Arguing, yelling, laughing, romance, etc. Good stuff.

This post has become a ramble with no clear cut point. Why do I like chick flicks. Because they have romance and I don't, I guess. Same with the big family get togethers, coming home, nostalgia, etc. I want all that and never really got all that.

Of course, I don't have all the stuff in the traditional guy movies either (death, destruction, street racing, womanizing, etc.). But, I'm pretty sure I don't want that stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...