Friday, October 19, 2007

Crazy Eights

RedLefty started this thing.

I doubt there will be anything stunningly important revealed.

Facts:

1. I lived a year on Borneo. Actually, it was Brunei. Everyone called the nearest city Brunei Town. That's because no one could pronounce Bandar Seri Begawan.

My family was there while my Dad worked on a big construction project. I was 7 years old. It was hot and there were lots and lots of monkeys and orangutans.

2. I love roadside rest stops. I have fond memories of them from my childhood. The whole family stopping for a picnic and a little time to explore and stretch our legs. The family used to drive a lot when I was a kid. Lot's of camping and cross county vacations.

I still stop at virtually every rest stop along the way, even when I don't really need to. Gotta check it out.

3. I love coffee. At any given time, I have about 5 or 6 different types of beans handy in my cupboards: Henry's Blend, a local store's Moka Java, Espresso beans, something mild like a breakfast blend, and some sort of decaf, just in case someone wants it.

I almost always have something new, too. Something someone recommended or something with an unusual name. I just finished off a can of French Market coffee (with Chickory). I love the idea of it more than the coffee itself. I've had a lot of fun in New Orleans, where I originally had that coffee.

To make the coffee, I have a drip machine, two French presses, two different type of espresso makers, and an ibrik.

4. I was called a metrosexual the other day. That made me happy. I'd actually like to be a little more metro.


Habits:

1. I only shave every three days (ha!). It's to look cool, not to save money. Unfortunately, grey hair isn't so cool. I used to be able to go four days...

2. When a woman walks by, I always maneuver myself to walk through her wake. I need to know how she smells. Thank God women don't smell bad. Ever. Though most are uninteresting, smell-wise. But, sometimes... amazing. (sigh...)

3. I never take notes. It's not to say that I shouldn't take them, but I don't. In meetings, I hold a pen and my pad of paper to make people feel more comfortable. No one ever says anything worth writing down.

When I study, I do take notes. But, I never look at them again. I do keep a separate little pad of paper handy. Like a study todo list, but the actual notes usually get tossed. I can't read them, anyway.

4. I read up to five books at a time. I keep one in the car, my gym bag, my nightstand, the living room, and one in my laptop bag. Sometimes months can go by with one or two of them, but I always know where I am in them.

When I was packing for Virginia, I found a book that I'd misplaced about a year ago. Cool. I picked up right where I left off.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...