Monday, November 26, 2007

Hearing Aids

As I get older and/or start to lose my hearing, I will try to keep this in mind. Hearing aids are as much for other people as they are for the wearer.

My Father, my ex-Step-Mother's husband, and my Brother-In-Law's Father all are hard of hearing, yet choose not to wear their hearing aids. They claim they don't help at all; that they can't hear better with them.

But, they do help, whether they know it or not. Without the hearing aids, the whole visit is spent repeating EVERYTHING, tapping them on the shoulders to get their attention, and talking very loudly. It makes for a frustrating visit.

While they might not hear a difference, it is there. Someone remind me of this someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...