Sunday, August 3, 2008

One more song. Fat Old Sun

Beautiful day out here in So Cal. I love this song. The video does nothing but change color, so hit play, minimize, and go about your browsing. Or, scroll down and read the flight attendant/black velvet ribbon story, below.

If it's a beautiful day where you are, log off and get outside.



I'm sometimes torn on which youtube version to post. This one is not quite interesting enough to watch. Who wants to watch guys frolic? Not me. Why not have girls playing around? That's just me, but even a gay friend once told me that even for himself, women were good to look at because they were "artistically complete," and that guys are just good to lust after. I think he's half right--girls are good to look at.

I don't know how girls feel, though. A big part of me thinks that even girls would rather watch girls playing around in wheat fields. Am I wrong?



Last one. Same song. Alternate version. I wish the quality was better, but it's all we've got.

I love alternate versions. Not live versions so much, but alternate studio versions, really put together acoustic versions of an electric songs, or the occasional live one that really nails it.

This one comes from some BBC archive. They've got everything that's cool, huh?



At this point, I stop. If you love this song by now, checkout youtube for some other live sets. There's even a David Gilmour live version from recently. It's a great version, and it fits really well with his latest solo work, which is a return to the mellow and more uplifting roots of early Pink Floyd, sans psychodelic drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...