Thursday, February 13, 2014

enough already, catharsis!

A while back I told you that I was writing some sort of romance? 


About a chick named Kate? Didn't I?

It's really worse than that. It's more like 'New Adult' romance, which is like the tv show Beverly Hills 90210 (the old one; the new one is boring).

New Adult is like regular romance, but even more tragic.


..and always with tons of angst on the way to inevitable true love.


Not to mention regularly scheduled erections on top of all the kissing.

It may or may not have vampires.

It's basically the written version of what a 20-something girl would watch on tv every week. ...although mine does NOT have vampires. Sorry.

What the f*** was I thinking? I don't have time for this shit.


I know, but when I don't write it, it's right there, not written. How long can something not be written? It's philosophical, I know, but come on. I mean 12 years is long enough. If it goes 13, I'm going to check myself into a hospital. The One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest kind.

I'm almost done, but only because it won't stop calling to me. I hear catharsis is a good thing; it had better be good.

It's not that the story is not good; it might be someday, after it sits in a drawer for a while and gets a 'fresh' set of eyes one day, but what started off as a script/screenplay that I wrote 12 years ago (on my drive home from Montana after my mother died), turned into a wannabe novel turned novella that should have been a short story. It's almost as if I looked for a way to shrink this work of girly art down to 20k words of flash fiction just to get it done.

Now, what I have is basically the pilot to a teen angst television show that will never, ever air, plus the raw stories for episodes 2-6, 11, and the two hour season finale. If there are any tv producers reading...

Anyhow, it seems this post was cathartic, in and of itself. 


While this post sat there as a draft, I was able to write quite a bit of Kate's story, and it seems to have given me the drive to FINISH and move on to my next story, which will always have a girl and a guy, romance and angst, love, but also a hero, a villain or two, and either a castle or a space ship, and maybe even a cowboy hat. ...but not all three.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...