Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pride and Prejudice and Webcams

I feel pretty late to the party, here, but I just found out about a fun webshow called The Lizzie Bennet Diaries.



I'm not really sure how an Emmy can go to a show that was broadcast online, since the Emmys go to television shows, but the show won a Prime Time Emmy in 2013 nevertheless.



The show is a modern take* on Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, with Elizabeth Bennet as a young grad student, moving back home to her old room in her parents' house.

I've tried to read P&P before. Twice. Boring. And the 'modern' movies aren't much better than the older movies (also much boring), but so far, so good on this. Just don't test me later, because I'm not sure it's spot on accurate to the real P&P.

They are blessedly short, so I can watch one a day, like forever almost.

Roland

* and by 'modern take' I mean not boring and overwrought like period books and movies always are tend to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...