Monday, January 29, 2007

Foodborne Illness

I have one. A serious one. I don't know when I got it, but I got it a long time ago.

Symptoms (in no particular order)

  1. Always hungry, even when full
  2. Sad makes me hungry
  3. Food makes me feel guilty
  4. I love to eat delicious food
  5. I love to eat good food
  6. I will eat pretty much any food
  7. I find cheesecake delicious and easy to make
  8. I notice that doughnuts aren't all that good, but I love them
  9. I find any box of cookies to be a single serving size

I feel sane, so obviously it's not me. It's my illness.

Treatment (in no particular order)

  1. Think of food as fuel.
  2. Food doesn't have to be delicious. In fact, better to not be...
  3. You know those monks that don't talk? Smugly sitting there, not talking? Well, I'm like a monk that's going hungry. But not really hungry. Just a little. Cindy Sheehan on her "hunger strike" hungry.
  4. Prepare food in advance. But, don't stop there. Put it in containers, ready to eat, in advance. There can be no excuse for NOT taking my food with me (or, I'll find it).
  5. Keep a compliance chart. I used to do this and stopped. Starting again (see?).
  6. Find a way to drag my ass out of "sad."

There appears to be no cure, so make sure to always wash your hands before eating and refrigerate leftovers promptly. Don't catch this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...