Friday, June 8, 2007

Where Are They, Dammit?

All my old recipes are just gone. Not that there were that many that I loved, but I was going to make Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic (everyone's got a recipe, but I liked mine).

It wasn't that hard to make. Something like this...

1 chicken, cut up
2 tablespoons olive oil
40 cloves of garlic (not peeled, but separated from the head)
1/2 cup vermouth or dry white wine
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Season chicken with salt and pepper. Toss with a 2 tablespoons olive oil and brown on both sides in a wide fry pan or skillet over high heat. Remove from heat. Add vermouth and garlic cloves. Cover tightly and bake for 1 1/2 hours.

The garlic cloves are pretty good squeezed onto bread, but don't do it. Bread is the devil.


Back to my problem... So, I only noticed that this was gone because I looked for it. What other recipes are lost forever? What recipes will I never remember? Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...