Saturday, October 4, 2008

Amélie

I've had Amélie since April 17th.  The beauty of Blockbuster Online is that you never have to return anything.

I'm not exactly sure what kept me from watching it all this time.  It does take constant attention (subtitles...), so for good or bad, it's not a movie that you're going to watch while doing something else.

I woke up early, made some coffee to take back to bed, and watched it while the rest of the house was asleep.

The movie was beautifully done.  I'm sure most of you have seen it.  The tiny girl looking up with her big eyes and secret smile; the perfect combination of innocent and devious. (sigh)

There was so much story going on, even without the language.  At one point, I paused for a minute, accidentally losing the subtitles.  I watched for 30 minutes without them, listening to the french, and didn't notice.  The expressions and camera said it all.  Language is overrated.

I'll add this to my list of favorites.  I'm sure I'll watch it again before I ship it back.  Tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...