Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Fitness Fluff from Pooh

 
Pooh has long been a favorite of mine.  I still have the tattered hardcover that someone gave me as a baby, and I loved when my kids wanted to watch Pooh instead of those Land Before Time atrocities.

Adults love Pooh and his friends because of the simple, honest wisdom in those stories.  But, did you know that there was fitness and nutrition wisdom in there, too?  Here, have a smackeral, not of honey, but of subtle diet and exercise wisdom from The Hundred Acre Wood.




“A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise.” -- Pooh




“"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called”



“When having a smackerel of something with a friend, don't eat so much that you get stuck in the doorway trying to get out.” -- Pooh




“"That buzzing-noise means something. If there's a buzzing noise, somebody's making a buzzing-noise, and the only reason for making a buzzing-noise that I know of is because you're a bee. ....
And the only reason for being a bee that I know of is making honey.....
And the only reason for making honey is so as I can eat it." So he began to climb the tree.” -- Pooh

I thought about adding my comments to each quote, but the beauty is in the simplicity.  Something's lost in the explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...