Thursday, May 13, 2010

Primitive Leftover Soup

This isn't really paleo and it's on the verge of "primal." But, since I don't want no Primals coming in to yell at me, I'm not going to call it that, either.  Basic, primitive, soup.  I know primitive peoples had neither soup kettles or blenders, but that's not stoppin' me!  ...and since I'm that far off track, I'm throwing in some stinky cheese, too.

By the way, did you know that Tortilla Soup, Italian Wedding Soup, and Minestrone are all soups made from leftovers?  That they have recipes and purists, is funny.


Primitive Leftover Soup

Serves one.  If you need more that that amount, go back in time and preemptively make more leftovers for today.

1/2 leftover roasted butternut squash
some leftover sauteed mushrooms
the last of the bleu cheese
not enough chicken stock to share
salt

Scrape the squash into the blender.  Toss in the mushrooms and cheese.  Pour in some stock and start blending.  Puree it.

Put the soup in a pan and heat it up.  Stir in any extra chicken stock and salt to taste. 

Since it's just for one, you don't really serve it, you eat it.

1 comment:

  1. Totally the way to go sir...totally. Especially with leftovers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...