Saturday, December 3, 2011

You don't always have to count calories

as long as you know that calories count.

One of my tools to help make people aware of calorie bombs is Chipotle Fan's Nutrition Calculator.


By clicking the options, you can see how simple choices make a meal better for your diet or better for a bulk! Try it. Put in your favorite, then start clicking to see how you can easily make it better or worse.

My dream burrito is 1080 calories, not including a beer, chips, and guac for dipping. By going with a bowl instead of tortilla, sour cream OR guacamole, and choosing rice OR corn salsa I cut my calorie load almost in half. I always remember to ask for extra veggies, and I end up satisfied and pretty full.

Even if you don't have a Chipotle near you, the concept is pretty sound for any burrito joint that can do tacos, burritos, or bowls. You might have to ask for something custom, but it's your dollar (or in the case of Chipotle, your ten).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...