Sunday, March 12, 2006

Not doing me any favors!

A female friend at work asked me how "dating" has been going. Big zero, so far, by the way...

"No luck," I told her. "All the girls out there are too young."

She laughed at me and told me I couldn't tell their ages, so I couldn't know. I must have had a puzzled look on my face, because she continued on, explaining. "Women today," she said, "look younger than ever. You can't tell when some women are 22, 32, or 42." Again, I must have had that stupid look on my face. I'm a natural at that.

She pointed out some women at the office and asked me to guess their ages. I failed miserably every time, always guessing too low. At least that was a good sign, right? The women who I though were too young, were just right! In fact, my friend looks very young (and hot, too!), although she's older than I am.

So, I keep looking around and I find that she's right. Everywhere I look are young women. I'd swear they were in their mid 20s, but now I just don't know.

Unfortunately, younger girls are trying to look older, too.

The conjunction of these two worlds in killing me. Last week, I was secure in the knowledge that there were no single women in my age range. Now, they all might be. They can't be. Which are too young? Which are too old (unlikely...)? But, now there's the possibility of really embarrassing myself.

The more I know, the less I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...