Tuesday, July 13, 2010

In Bulgaria

Many of you know that I'm on a vacation in Bulgaria.  I got here on Saturday and have had a wonderful time, so far.  Eating, hiking, visiting, and checking this place out.

I'm sure I'll have much to say at some point, but for now, I'll leave you with some pictures and this little blah-blah-blah.

Having gone out on my own to buy cheese, I see how foreigners to America have a problem.  I was able to find the cheese, but I really only know it's cheese from the picture.  Although I sort of memorized what to say, the cashier said something so random and off script, that it wiped my memory clear, and all I could do was hand her money and look pretty.  She asked me something else and I smiled and said "I don't speak Bulgarian," to which she laughed and handed me change.  I said "merci" and left with my cheese and change.  It was exhausting and humbling.

Picture time!  No theme, just pics.  Enjoy.
















One more little thing.  I'll also say that sometimes the bathrooms don't have pictures for male and female, and since the letters are Cyrillic, I'm screwed and have to ask someone for help, assuming they speak English.  Once your inside, safely, you might find this.


omg.  Luckily (which is really hard to say), it's a unisex in this case...

1 comment:

  1. Looks beautiful... And, I'm not sure how tall you are ... but the comode reminds me of Japan ... I was traveling with a buddy who was 6 foot 7 and when he squatted in the little japanese comode ... he couldn't even fit because knees and back were pressed against the wall. Good times.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...