Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dear friends...

Dear friends,

It used to feel so strange to say that, but you are my friends, even the many who I've never actually met. Even five years ago, it was a little awkward to tell your family or a local friend about a friend who's only relationship with you is online. I'm sure many of you reading this are right there with me.

I've met many of you over the years at airport layovers, hotel lobby bars, and even at the local gym down the street from your hotel. Amazingly, things go smoothly from minute one. I once picked up my friend Jim on the way to train at Yahoo! Park in Santa Monica. I drove into the hotel circle, Jim hopped in, we hit the park with a group of friends and continued to hit it off for the rest of the day, despite never having even spoken to one another before!

These times of forums, Facebook, blogs, and Skype are powerful for bringing us together, but it's still even better when you have the chance to meet face to face. ...and opportunity is coming!

I know many of you from the fitness and nutrition discussions at JPFitness.com, so it should come as no big surprise when I suggest that you, like me, try VERY hard to attend this year's Fitness Summit! This is something like the 8th or 9th annual get-together, and promises to be the best yet. I've been to three of them, and each one has been a blast, in addition to the learning experience.

Whether you are a fitness guru or fanatic or just interested in being healthier while you live your real life, this is the long weekend event to attend. This will prove to be a great time of friends getting together to learn, eat, play, and get to know each other even better. As great as knowing each of you online is, I would absolutely love to know you all in person, too!

Please come!

The web site almost speaks for itself, but feel free to ask me via email (rdenzel@gmail.com) or Facebook (facebook.com/rolanddenzel) or on the JPFitness Forum or even it's own Facebook page, where you can get a good feel for how these things go!

I hope to see you all there!

Roland




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...